We are merger of two United Reformed Churches who are seeking to create a new church that still has roots in all that has gone before. That means that we are looking to try out new things whilst continuing with some old things, that means that there is a place for new people to come and help us grow in new ways. Having spent some time working out some of the practical issues of merging two churches, closing down a building and creating a new identity, we are now beginning to work out how to put our ideas into practice. So the ideas expressed here are very much a work in progress.
Praying like Hannah,
- ordinary people trying to follow the way of Jesus Christ in prayer and worship
- making our Labyrinth & prayer table available to all in their own spiritual explorations
- where healing begins
Growing like Mary of Bethany
- exploring the bible and our faithful response
- create discussions that help people think about issues of faith and spirituality.
Welcoming like Martha,
- committed to welcome, hospitality and friendship
- inspiring through worship and witness
Encouraging like Barnabas
- encouraging people to make new beginnings and develop in new ways
- put our prayer and biblical ponderings into action with an emphasis on caring for the the vulnerable.
Witnessing like Mary of Magdalene
- developing a new centre in Stoke
- network with the wider community and support others within their own networks
- work in partnership with the organisations & people who use our premises.
Celebrating like the Dancing cripple
- life’s moments
- love shared
- comma’s changing the flow of a sentence