Stoke Chapel was formed in 1813 when a group of people from Vicars Lane Church in Coventry started a Sunday School for the small weaving community. They opened a chapel on Ball Hill in 1836 and extended it by building a Tin Tabernacle in 1911. In 1926 they moved to Harefield Road and thrived there over many years.
In 1931 Stoke Chapel planted a new church in the growing suburb of Wyken, building a wooden hall on land beside Hocking Road and Farren Road. In 1955 a new church was built alongside Hocking Road.
The churches operated independently for many years, sometimes with separate Ministers and other times sharing ministry. In 2015 the members at Stoke decided that it was time for another move and suggested that the two congregations merge, the decision was made to use the building in Wyken and to name the merged church Ansty Road United Reformed Church. They came together on 3rd July 2016.